Job ID 111489BR
Posting Title Production Supervisor, Manufacturing (Downstream, Upstream or Support)
Division Vaccines & Diagnostics
Business Unit Vaccines & Diagnostics - Global Technical Operations
Work Location Holly Springs, NC
Company/Legal Entity USA Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Inc. Holly Springs, NC
Functional Area Production
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Job Description A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible.Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. Please note that you are not applying for a current vacancy, but are submitting your CV/resume for consideration for future, possible opportunities. We look forward to receiving your information.
The incumbent will be a production shop floor supervisor in a Flu Vaccine manufacturing facility, in primary operations.
• Supervise staff of shift production personnel working in either Downstream/Upstream or Support.
• Supervises a staff of shift production personnel to ensure safety, training and quality compliance are prioritized for manufacturing goals
• Development and performance management of manufacturing staff
• Manages resources and material requirements to meet production and budget targets
• Responsible for content and correct execution of SOPs and production batch records
• Responsible for deviation investigations and technical problem solving
• Support continuous improvement initiatives
• Schedules manufacturing activities as well as facilitates the completion of equipment maintenance and validation
• Serves as a process expert, technical resource and coach for the production team
• Utilizes Novartis business systems (SAP, TrackWise, WebTraining, Delta V, Data Historian) to execute production operations
Novartis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum requirements REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma / GED required, preferably coupled with Biotechnology coursework; Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred
• BS degree with 2 years’ related industry experience or HS degree with 6 years' related industry experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of GMPs and FDA requirements is required.
• Ability to lead and influence a team to achieve desired goals .
• Experience in upstream, downstream or support area preferred.
• Experience with automated systems preferred.
• Familiarity with cGMPs, regulatory guidelines, and validation principles preferred.
• Excellent organizational planning and time management skills.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment required.
• The ability to work on a shift which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Please Note: Position may be on first shift or night shift. Must have the flexibility to work either shift.